Best Way to Find Low-Cost Owensville Car Insurance
Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance companies in Owensville? Lot's of other consumers are too. You have so many options available that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to find better rates.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best price a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Owensville Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the "ingredients" car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Having a spouse helps lower the price on car insurance. It means you're more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates - Credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating.
- How's your driving record? - Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- With age comes lower rates - Young drivers in Ohio have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts - Some insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Sign Online - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Multiple Cars - Having all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
To choose companies with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, click here.
The car insurance bait and switch
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you change to their company. But how can every company make the same claim? It's all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. For example, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that hits that "sweet spot" will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don't measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. That's the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, you should get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Find out more about car insurance
Additional detailed information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Consumers can get help finding coverage, find disaster information, and report car insurance fraud.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Affordable car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Owensville agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on car insurance. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.