Free Guide to Spending Less for Old Tappan Auto Insurance Online
No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. With so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to find the cheapest company.
It's important to shop coverage around occasionally because prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest price a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online, so we're going to give you some great ways to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Tips to Get Lower Old Tappan Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates - Your credit history is a important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- One company can mean more discounts - Many auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Women pay lower rates - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more mature and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Old Tappan, NJ
All major auto insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. This process is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to find a lower rate.
There is a better way!
The preferred way to get multiple rate quotes uses one form to return rates from a bunch of companies at once. It's a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness - Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- E-sign - A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in New Jersey, click this link.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers in New Jersey can't ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who do not match this ideal profile will be charged higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why you need to get quotes from several different companies. It's impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
It's not one size fits all
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
More information is located on the website for the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance located here. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, read consumer alerts, learn about insurance regulations, and get help finding coverage.
In the end, you save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Old Tappan, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered some good ideas how to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as .