Compare Obetz Auto Insurance Prices With These Tips
Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance choices in Obetz? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a challenge to locate the lowest price.
It's important to compare prices at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price last year a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some great ways to find cheap auto insurance.
The purpose of this article is to tell you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. But Ohio drivers do need to know the methods companies use to price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- E-sign - Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Many auto insurance companies give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Extra coverages can waste money - There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Your location affects your rates - Choosing to live in a small town has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Don't sacrifice liability coverage - Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Do men or women drive better? - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- No coverage gaps is important - Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the same claim that you'll save big after switching to their company. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall outside this ideal profile will be charged higher prices which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" not "people who quote" save that much. That's the way companies can claim big savings.
That is why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It's impossible to know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio is located on the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Ohio consumers can read consumer alerts, discover disciplinary actions, and view agent and company licensing information.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Obetz agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.