Proven Ways to Save on North Ridgeville Auto Insurance
Overpriced auto insurance can overdraw your checking account, especially in this economy. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's important to compare prices on a regular basis since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best price last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out the proper way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in North Ridgeville, Ohio
There are multiple methods to compare auto insurance quotes, but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day talking to agents in North Ridgeville, or you could save time and use the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
All the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and each participating company can give them a price based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is that you can't choose which companies you want to price. So if you want to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in Ohio. Click here for list of insurance companies in Ohio.
It doesn't matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote you get. If the quotes have different deductibles it's not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in North Ridgeville.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
It's important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Bundling policies can get discounts - Most auto insurance companies give discounts to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Are you male or female? - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates - Your credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Insurance companies in Ohio give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your occupation can affect rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress and long work days. Other jobs such as pilots, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Being married can save on auto insurance - Having a spouse can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage means you're more mature and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Waiver - A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in school.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in North Ridgeville, click this link.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can read consumer alerts, learn about insurance regulations, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
And the best car insurance company is...
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable auto insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood North Ridgeville agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to lower your auto insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as .