How to Know You're Throwing Money Away for Auto Insurance in North Fairfield
Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners in Ohio. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It's important to price shop coverage once or twice a year since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best price last year you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out the fastest and easiest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Bundling policies can get discounts - The majority of companies give discounts to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Small claims can cost you - Insurance companies in Ohio provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation - Occupations like lawyers, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Other professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Special features that cut premiums - Driving a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Little extras can really add up - There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren't careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Your spouse saves you money - Having a spouse actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in high school.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose providers with the best auto insurance discounts in North Fairfield, follow this link.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Ohio drivers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you move your policy.
How can each company say the same thing?
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who fall outside the requirements will be charged a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state "customers that switch" not "people who quote" save that kind of money. That's why companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It's not possible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Even more information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can read consumer alerts, download brochures, read industry bulletins, and find disaster information.
In the end, you save
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like .