Free Guide to Spending Less for Newport Auto Insurance Online
No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Drivers have multiple to pick from, and although it's nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to compare rates.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance companies don't list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
Finding Auto Insurance in Newport, OH
Most companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system will obtain your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit different websites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a lower rate.
There is a better way!
The preferred way to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form that gets prices from more than one company. It's a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you are able to buy any one of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price it's easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and input your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will get a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Optional equipment can affect rates - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself - Companies in Ohio generally give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Please use or commuting - The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
It's not one size fits all
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Ohio drivers can't get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all have a common claim that you can save if you move to their company.
How does each company say the same thing? It's all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain "appetite" for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured that hits that "sweet spot" gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Consumers who do not match these standards will be quoted higher prices and this can result in business not being written. The ads say "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. That is how insurance companies can state the savings. This emphasizes why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. It's not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
In the end, you save
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Newport agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can view a list of available companies, read consumer alerts, download brochures, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.