Top 7 Ways to Pay Less on Car Insurance in New Lexington
No one in their right mind likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. With consumers having so many companies to choose from, it's nearly impossible to pick the lowest price provider.
It's important to check car insurance prices occasionally since rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best deal a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to show you the only way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
This article will introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. Ohio drivers only need an understanding of how to get comparison quotes on the web.
Finding Car Insurance Deals in New Lexington, OH
Cutting your New Lexington car insurance rates is actually quite simple. Just spend a few minutes to compare quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. A single form will get you price quotes from multiple companies.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes requires a visit to each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we'll pretend you want to compare , and . To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in New Lexington, click here.
- The least efficient method of getting rate comparisons to insurance agents' offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional guidance of a local New Lexington agent. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent and we'll cover that in a bit.
It doesn't matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote you get. If you use differing limits it's impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in New Lexington.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Resident Student - Children who live away from home and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in New Lexington?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Additional car insurance information is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, read consumer alerts, discover disciplinary actions, and find out industry alerts.