How to Know You're Spending Too Much for Auto Insurance in New Boston
Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can empty your personal savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill. Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with advertising and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's important to price shop coverage quite often because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you in New Boston is quite easy. Ohio drivers only need an understanding of the best way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies don't always advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in New Boston, click this link.
Free New Boston Auto Insurance Quotes
Most companies quote coverage price quotes on their websites. This process doesn't take a lot of time as you simply enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system will obtain credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on these and other factors. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a lower rate.
There is an easier way!
The preferred way to locate the lowest prices uses one form to return rates from several different companies. It's a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes price shopping online much easier. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted and you can select your choice of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. It takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will get a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Many auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Mature drivers pay less - More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Please use or commuting - Driving more miles in a year's time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
- Do you have a high stress job? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations like lawyers, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to job stress and long work days. Other jobs such as pilots, historians and performers pay the least.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a spouse can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
It's not one size fits all
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Ohio?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers in Ohio can't get away from ads for car insurance savings from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim of big savings after switching your policy.
How can each company claim to save you money? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not match the requirements will be charged a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. That is why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Best coverage at the best price
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective auto insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many New Boston insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More sites with auto insurance information
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read industry bulletins.