Free Guide to Paying Less for Navarre Auto Insurance Online
Expensive auto insurance can overdraw your savings account, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is a great way to tighten up your finances.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
Navarre Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Liability coverage protects you - Liability insurance is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Are you male or female? - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates - A driver's credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- High numbers of claims are not good - Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your occupation can affect rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like pilots, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Waiver - A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education in school.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Navarre, click here.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you switch to their company. How can each company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured that hits that "sweet spot" will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don't qualify for the requirements must pay a higher premium and this can result in business not being written. The ads state "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that much. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This illustrates why you should quote coverage with many companies. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
For more Ohio auto insurance information
Even more information can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
Do the work, save more money
Cheap auto insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Navarre agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like .