Tightwads Instructions on Saving on Mogadore Auto Insurance
Paying for high-priced auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparison shopping is a smart way to help make ends meet.
Lots of contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare to find the lowest price
It's important to compare prices yearly because prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Your credit rating is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by repairing your credit.
- Pleasure use saves money - The more you drive in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation - Occupations like doctors, architects and accountants have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Liability coverage is cheap - The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Marriage brings a discount - Being married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from local Mogadore auto insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The fastest way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each company. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for auto insurance online consists of going to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For instance, let's say you want comparison quotes from , and . You would have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Mogadore, click here.
- The least efficient way of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to insurance agents' offices. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent. We'll cover that shortly.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use the exact same coverages on every quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make a fair comparison in Mogadore. Just a small difference in coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find lower pricing.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Save with a New Car - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- E-sign - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To choose providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Mogadore, follow this link.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you move your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don't qualify for the "perfect" profile will be charged higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
That is why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Insurance agents can help
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Additional information is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Do the work, save more money
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Mogadore, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.