Comparing the Cheapest London Auto Insurance
Have you had enough of paying out the nose each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Ohio drivers. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's important to compare prices once or twice a year because insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the internet, so we're going to give you some great ways to save money.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in London, click here.
Fast and Easy London Auto Insurance Quotes
Most companies allow you to get price estimates on the web. Getting online rates is quite simple as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these factors. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it's very important to perform this step in order to find the best price on auto insurance.
The preferred way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online much simpler. After sending your information, it is rated and you can select your choice of the price quotes you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will receive a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Your credit history is a important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Lower rates with optional equipment - Driving a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- Pleasure use saves money - Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Mature drivers pay less - Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? - Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Getting married can get you a discount on auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
How can State Farm and Allstate save drivers who switch?
Ohio consumers can't get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has great credit. A driver that hits that "sweet spot" receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements will be charged a higher premium and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can advertise the savings.
That is why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
A tidy conclusion
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as .
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More Ohio auto insurance information
More information can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Ohio consumers can find out industry alerts, view a list of available companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find disaster information.