8 Ways You Can Buy Car Insurance for Less in Laura
Expensive car insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Drivers have so many to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates.
It's important to compare prices quite often since rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to show you the proper way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Save big with these eight discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- E-sign - A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To choose providers who offer car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. Any new insured that hits that "sweet spot" will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who fall outside these standards will be charged higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "people who quote" save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
That is why you should compare as many rates as you can. It's just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Ohio?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Laura?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
More sites with car insurance information
More information is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Affordable insurance is out there
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced car insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Laura, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.