Top Ways to Save on Lakeview Car Insurance
Overpriced car insurance can drain your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to tighten up your finances. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's important to price shop coverage on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the proper way to lower your annual insurance bill.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- College Student - Children who live away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Waiver - A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Lakeview, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost in Lakeview, Ohio
Most companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing doesn't take a lot of time as you just type in the coverages you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to find a lower rate.
The preferred way to find lower prices makes use of a single form that gets price quotes from multiple companies. It's a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons a little more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it is rated and you can choose your choice of the price quotes you receive. If a lower price is quoted, it's easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The entire process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into rates.
- Mature drivers pay less - More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Battle of the sexes - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- How many coverages with the same company - Most companies will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your car's features help determine rates - Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Marriage pays dividends - Being married can actually save you money when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more mature and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where you live - Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers in Ohio can't get away from ads for car insurance savings from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save if you switch your policy.
How can each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. Any driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not match the requirements will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because of the profiling, drivers must get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Best coverage at the best price
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Affordable car insurance can be found both online in addition to many Lakeview insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
For more Ohio car insurance information
Additional detailed information is available at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, and view a list of available companies.