Tightwads Instructions on Saving on Jeffersonville Auto Insurance
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced auto insurance? Trust us, you're not alone.
Lots of contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a and get the definite lowest price
It's important to do rate comparisons at least once a year because insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance online but I'm going to show you some great ways to save money.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Finding affordable coverage in Jeffersonville is quite easy. Nevertheless, Ohio drivers do need to know the way companies compete online.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Sign Online - Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Driver Safety - Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Memberships - Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident - A few companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Jeffersonville, click here to view.
How to Compare Jeffersonville Auto Insurance Costs
There are several ways to compare auto insurance prices but one way is less time-consuming than others. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with insurance companies in Jeffersonville, or you could use online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and every company then gives them pricing for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you can't choose which carriers you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of companies who write auto insurance in Ohio. Click to view list.
It's your choice how you get your quotes, but compare the exact same coverage information with each company. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits you can't possibly make an equal comparison in Jeffersonville. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that more quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Jeffersonville
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the items companies use to determine rates.
- Pay less after the wedding - Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Don't get talked into coverage you don't need - There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- Mature drivers pay less - Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance - Liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Many insurers will give a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Men pay higher rates - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Is there truth in advertising?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings after switching to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? It's all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a short commute. A driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to the "perfect" profile will have to pay more money and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save money. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Cost effective auto insurance can be bought online and with local Jeffersonville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Find out more about auto insurance
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance found here. Ohio consumers can get help finding coverage, discover disciplinary actions, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find out which companies have the most complaints.