How to Know You're Spending Too Much for Auto Insurance in Helena
Paying for high-priced auto insurance can empty your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet.
You have so many to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
It's important to shop coverage around yearly because insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance in Helena, OH
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local Helena auto insurance companies. The best method to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done in several different ways.
- The recommended way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company. A single, simple form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A less efficient way to compare rate quotes is spending the time to visit each individual company website and request a quote. For example, let's assume you want comparison quotes from , and . You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Helena, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to local Helena insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent.
It's up to you which method you use, but make sure you use identical information with every price quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it's not possible to find the best deal in Helena. Quoting even small variations in coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more company's prices helps you find the best price.
Take advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Memberships - Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- College Student - Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Helena?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Additional information can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Ohio consumers can get help finding coverage, view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find disaster information.