How to Know You're Paying Too Much for Auto Insurance in Germantown
Nobody I know looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof. Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with advertising and it can be hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's important to shop coverage around periodically because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rates six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage in Germantown is quite easy. Ohio drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare prices online.
How to Get Germantown Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Comparing auto insurance rates can be exhausting if you aren't aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours talking to insurance agencies in Germantown, or you could save time and use the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit their information once, and each company can give them a price. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify the providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in Ohio. Click here for list of insurance companies in Ohio.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare exactly the same coverages and limits with every price quote. If you are comparing different deductibles it's not possible to find the best deal in Germantown.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- E-sign - A few companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Germantown, click here.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Additional Ohio consumer information
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, learn about specific coverages, read industry bulletins, and discover disciplinary actions.