How to Know You're Spending Too Much for Car Insurance in Genoa
Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can dwindle your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to lower your monthly bill. There is such a variety of to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
This information will help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Ohio consumers only need to know the proper way to compare rates over the internet.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Lower rates with optional equipment - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Teen drivers pay high rates - Young drivers in Ohio are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Marriage pays dividends - Getting married can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Women pay lower rates - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Clean credit earns discounts - Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Free Genoa Car Insurance Quotes
Reducing your insurance rates is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing rates online from several insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form gets you price quotes from many national carriers.
- Another way to shop for car insurance online requires visiting the website of each company to complete a price quote. For examples sake, let's assume you want comparison quotes from , and . To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Genoa, click here.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare identical quote information for every company. If you use mixed coverages then you won't be able to decipher which rate is best in Genoa.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Distant Student - Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Paperwork-free - A few companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Consumers can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all say the same thing about savings after switching your policy.
How does each company make the same claim? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer could be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A customer who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for these standards will be quoted more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state "customers who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you need to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance agents can help
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Genoa?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance found here. Consumers can view a list of available companies, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, get help finding coverage, and learn about insurance regulations.
A tidy conclusion
When you buy insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest car insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Genoa insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.