How to Know You're Wasting Money for Car Insurance in Galloway
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Drivers have multiple to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare rates.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Do you know your deductibles? - Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Tickets mean higher rates - Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Teen drivers pay high rates - Young drivers in Ohio are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- One company can mean more discounts - Most companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Marriage pays dividends - Getting married can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse means you're more responsible and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Galloway, Ohio
All major car insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes is quite simple as you just enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company's website and repetitively type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the best price on car insurance.
The preferred way to lower your rates is to use a quote form that gets prices from several different companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the resulting price quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you will find out if you're overpaying now.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Galloway may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Student in College - Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup - Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
To choose insurers offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
How can 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm save drivers who switch?
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company. How does each company make the same claim?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. That's the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Consumers can find disaster information, report car insurance fraud, file complaints about a company, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Cheaper car insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Galloway agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned many ways to compare car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as .
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.