Car Insurance in Gahanna - 7 Ways to Save Money
Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You're in the same situation as the majority of other car owners in Ohio.
Because you have many choices of insurance companies, it can be hard to pick the most affordable insurance company.
It's important to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates last year you can probably find a lower rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to show you the tricks you need to know to save on car insurance.
Comparison of Car Insurance in Gahanna
Most companies allow you to get insurance quotes online. Getting quotes doesn't take much effort as you simply enter as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the system will obtain your driving record and credit report and quotes a price. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. But it's very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find better car insurance pricing.
There is a better way!
A quicker way to lower your car insurance bill is to use a quote form to return rates from many companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. After sending your information, it is rated and you can select any or none of the quotes returned.
If a lower price is quoted, it's easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you're receiving a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
These seven discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before they will apply.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven - Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
More information can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, and find out industry alerts.