How to Know You're Paying Too Much for Auto Insurance in Fremont
No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when the cost is way too high. With so many choices, it's nearly impossible to locate the most affordable provider.
It's important to price shop coverage occasionally because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance companies don't always publicize all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- College Student - Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Fremont can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Older drivers pay less - Youthful drivers in Ohio are known to be more careless behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Adding a youthful driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Better credit scores mean better rates - Credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- Where you live - Living in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents.
- How many coverages with the same company - Many insurers will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- What are Ohio no-fault laws?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers in Ohio get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save after switching your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It's all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain "appetite" for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, owns a home, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" not "people who quote" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because of the profiling, drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. It's impossible to know which company will have the lowest rates.
For more Ohio car insurance information
Additional detailed information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, view agent and company licensing information, and read consumer alerts.
Best coverage at the best price
While you're price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Affordable auto insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many Fremont insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.