Car Insurance in Franklin - 9 Discounts You Might be Missing
No one looks forward to buying car insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high. There is such a variety of to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
It's important to get comparison quotes periodically since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Franklin Car Insurance Comparisons
Getting better car insurance pricing is not a difficult process. You just have to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The first (and easiest) way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. Just one form compares rates from multiple companies.
A more time consuming way to get quotes online is going to the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let's say you want to compare , and . To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company's site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Franklin, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Franklin.
Save big with these nine discounts
Car insurance companies don't always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- College Student - Children who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Ohio?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Even more information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about a company, read consumer alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
A tidy conclusion
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like .