Free Guide to Saving Money on Fort Loramie Car Insurance Online
Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners in Ohio.
You have so many to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
It's important to price shop coverage before your policy renews because rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to find great coverage at a great price.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts - Most insurers give discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- High numbers of claims are not good - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance companies in Ohio award lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Battle of the sexes - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Liability coverage protects you - Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Your job and insurance rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like judges, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Don't get talked into coverage you don't need - There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Take advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you switch your policy. How does each company make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who don't qualify for these standards will be charged a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "people who quote" save that kind of money. That's why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. That is why you should quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Learn more today
Even more information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, download brochures, learn about insurance regulations, and view a list of available companies.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap car insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Fort Loramie insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.