Buy the Cheapest Edon Car Insurance
Overpriced car insurance can empty your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Companies like GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It's important to price shop coverage on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best price last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to find out the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" that factor into your rates.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates - Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- High deductibles save money - Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Don't let your coverage lapse - Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation - Occupations like lawyers, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from high stress and long work hours. Other jobs such as pilots, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Men fork out a little more - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost in Edon, Ohio
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but one way is easier and takes less work. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance companies in Edon, or you can stay home and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and each company can provide price quotes based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each individual car insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is you cannot specify which providers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in Ohio. View list of Ohio insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to find the best deal in Edon.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
To choose providers with the best car insurance discounts in Edon, follow this link.
The car insurance bait and switch
Consumers in Ohio can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you move your policy.
How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk might be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don't measure up to the requirements will be charged a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why you need to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, find a variety of consumer forms, and read industry bulletins.
A tidy conclusion
We just presented a lot of information how to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as .
Affordable car insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Edon insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.