Free Guide to Paying Less for Doylestown Auto Insurance Online
Scraping up a payment for overpriced auto insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances. Numerous battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare to find the lowest rate
It's important to compare prices yearly since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Doylestown is easy if you know what you're doing. Ohio vehicle owners just need to know the best way to compare rates over the internet.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Your credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your by repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Your location affects your rates - Residing in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Proper usage rating affects rates - Driving more miles in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- Better crash test results mean better rates - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Do you have a high stress job? - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, business owners and accountants have higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and performers get better rates.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
Reducing your insurance rates isn't really that difficult. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A harder way to shop for auto insurance online is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, let's assume you want comparison quotes from , and . To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Doylestown, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to and from local Doylestown insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent and we'll touch on that later.
It's your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use the exact same information with each company. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it's impossible to make an equal comparison in Doylestown.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Resident Student - Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Doylestown, click here to view.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Ohio drivers can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise that you'll save big after switching your coverage to them.
How do they all say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for the "perfect" profile will be charged more money and ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Insurance agents can help
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Ohio drivers can find out industry alerts, view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find disaster information.
Best coverage at the best price
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Doylestown, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.