Buy Cheaper Dola Auto Insurance
Overpriced auto insurance can empty your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
Lots of contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare to find the lowest price
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies don't always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Paperwork-free - A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you could use an agent's help.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How can Progressive, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Auto insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing that you can save after switching your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a driver they prefer might be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get very good rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Learn more about auto insurance in Ohio
Additional detailed information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable auto insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Dola, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.