Free Guide to Paying Less for Clyde Auto Insurance Online
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced auto insurance? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with catchy ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
Comprehensive Clyde Auto Insurance Comparison
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate forms to each individual auto insurance company. Filling out one form compares rates from several companies.
- A less efficient way to shop for auto insurance online is going to the website of each company to request a price quote. For examples sake, let's assume you want to compare rates from , and . To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Clyde, click here.
It's up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Clyde. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. Just remember that quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Clyde, click this link.
Learn more about Ohio auto insurance
Even more information can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can read industry bulletins, report car insurance fraud, read consumer alerts, and download brochures.