Buy Cheap Clayton Auto Insurance
Expensive auto insurance can empty your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet.
You have so many to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
It's important to price shop coverage yearly because prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal two years ago you can probably find a better price now. So ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Pay less after the wedding - Being married helps lower the price on your policy. It usually means you are more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Liability coverage protects you - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Special features that cut premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Little extras can really add up - There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies don't always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Sign Online - Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose companies with discount auto insurance rates in Ohio, click here to view.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you change your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential customers who don't meet these standards will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Even more information is available at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio consumers can get help finding coverage, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find out which companies have the most complaints, and view a list of available companies.
Cheap auto insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Clayton insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.