How to Know You're Wasting Money for Auto Insurance in Circleville
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say there are many people just like you.
Consumers have many to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
It's important to compare rates every six months since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online, so we're going to give you some great ways to slash your auto insurance rates.
Locating the cheapest protection in Circleville can be fairly easy. Basically, every driver who carries auto insurance should be able to save money. Although Ohio vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies sell online.
How to Compare Auto Insurance in Circleville, Ohio
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to compare insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
The first (and easiest) way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
A harder way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, let's assume you want to compare rates from , and . To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Circleville, click here.
It's your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing identical quote information for each price quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages it's not possible to truly determine the lowest rate in Circleville. Quoting even small variations in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that getting more free quotes helps locate the best offered rates.
You have some control over your rates
It's important that you understand the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- A clean driving record saves money - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Don't skimp on liability - Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Pay less after the wedding - Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage means you're more responsible and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Women pay lower rates - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free - Insurance companies in Ohio award lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- E-sign - A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Federal Government Employee - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Ohio drivers can file complaints about a company, find out which companies have the most complaints, get help finding coverage, and learn about insurance regulations.
Shop smart and save
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like .
The cheapest auto insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Circleville agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.