Car Insurance in Chardon - 10 Discounts You Might be Unaware of
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are many people just like you. There is such a variety of to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
It's important to get comparison quotes at least once a year since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Companies do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you're not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- College Student - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
To choose companies offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Consumers can't ignore all the ads that promise big savings from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you switch your policy.
How does each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who don't qualify for these standards will have to pay higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way insurance companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will have the lowest rates.
Find out more about car insurance
Additional detailed information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, discover disciplinary actions, read consumer alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
And the best car insurance company is...
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Affordable car insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Chardon insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.