Find Cheaper Centerville Auto Insurance
Buying affordable Centerville auto insurance on the internet can be intimidating for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. Since there are so many online companies, how can consumers possibly compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
Save big with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you quote, but some must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Accident Waiver - A few companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Extra coverages can waste money - There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Are you male or female? - Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- A clean driving record saves money - Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? - Liability insurance is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your occupation can affect rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as doctors, architects and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as pilots, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies say the same thing that you can save if you switch your policy. How do they all say the same thing? It's all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside the "perfect" profile must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say "customers who switch" not "people who quote" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
For more Ohio auto insurance information
More information is available on the Ohio Department of Insurance website found here. Ohio drivers can discover disciplinary actions, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about a company.
Do the work, save more money
Affordable auto insurance is available on the web in addition to many Centerville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, poor customer service and even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.