Proven Techniques to Save on Centerburg Car Insurance
Paying for high-priced car insurance can drain your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
Multiple compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare and get the best coverage at the lowest rate
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The following are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs - If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Ohio give better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Where you live can impact rates - Residing in a rural area can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Men pay higher rates - Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Don't buy coverages you don't need - There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Clean credit earns discounts - Having a bad credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
How much can you save with discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Driver Safety - Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Centerburg, click this link.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all make the same claim about savings after switching your policy. How do they all make the same claim?
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer could be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A customer who matches those parameters receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don't meet the "perfect" profile will be quoted higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you should get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Additional information can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Consumers can download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, learn about insurance regulations, and discover disciplinary actions.
Affordable insurance is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper car insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Centerburg insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.