5 Ways You Can Buy Car Insurance for Less in Carrollton Ohio
Comparison shopping for Carrollton car insurance is a challenge for beginners to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many choices that it can quickly become a big hassle to find lower rates in Carrollton.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Drivers Education - Have your child successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven - Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Cheap Carrollton Car Insurance Comparisons
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for separate quotation requests to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices. It's definitely the quickest method.
- A different way to shop for car insurance online requires visiting the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let's say you want rates from , and . To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company's site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Carrollton, click here.
- The least efficient way to get comparison rates is driving to different Carrollton agent offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional advice only provided by licensed Carrollton agents. You can, however, obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent and we'll cover that in a bit.
It doesn't matter which method you choose, just ensure you're using identical quote information for every quote you compare. If you enter mixed coverages it's not possible to determine the best price in Carrollton. Just a small difference in limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, quoting more helps you find the best offered rates.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all say the same thing that you can save after switching to them. How does each company make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer could be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential customers who don't qualify for these standards will be quoted higher prices which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save money. That's why insurance companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. It's just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Do the work, save more money
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Lower-priced car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local Carrollton insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Learn more today
More information can be found on the Ohio Department of Insurance website located here. Consumers can download brochures, read industry bulletins, and get help finding coverage.