8 Ways You Can Buy Car Insurance for Less in Carneys Point
Paying for high-priced car insurance can overdraw your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it's nearly impossible to find the cheapest insurance company.
It's important to do rate comparisons yearly since rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, so I'm going to show you some great ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
Compare Car Insurance Today
All major car insurance companies provide pricing online. Getting quotes is pretty easy as you just type in your required coverages into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price. This makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit each company's website and repetitively complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
The preferred way to compare car insurance pricing is to use a quote form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. It's a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online a little more enjoyable. After sending your information, it gets priced and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, it's easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you're overpaying now.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Waiver - Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Driver Safety - Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- College Student - Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
To choose companies who offer car insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing about savings after switching to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who do not match this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you need to get as many quotes as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
It's not one size fits all
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need an agent's assistance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in New Jersey?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Even more information can be read at the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance website. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about a company.
Best coverage at the best price
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Cheaper car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local Carneys Point insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.