5 Discounts Campbell Shoppers Forget when Quoting Car Insurance
Searching for the lowest cost Campbell car insurance on the internet can be rather challenging for consumers new to buying insurance online. Because there are so many insurance companies available, how can consumers possibly compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
Take advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Distant Student - Children who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all say the same thing that you can save if you move your policy. How does each company claim to save you money? It's all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don't qualify for these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is "customers who switch" not "people who quote" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you should compare many company's rates. It's just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
More information is available on the Ohio Department of Insurance website found here. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, and view a list of available companies.
Shop smart and save
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered many ways to reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.