7 Best Ways to Reduce Car Insurance Costs in Calabasas
Paying for high-priced car insurance can overdraw your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to help make ends meet. There are many to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies don't necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Paperless Signup - A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Multiple Cars - Having all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
To choose insurers with discount car insurance rates in California, follow this link.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers in California can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you change to them.
How does each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Drivers who do not match these standards must pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This illustrates why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
For more California car insurance information
Even more information is available at the California Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, and view agent and company licensing information.
Best coverage at the best price
Cheaper car insurance can be sourced both online and with local Calabasas insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.