6 Discounts Bettsville Consumers Forget when Shopping for Car Insurance
If shopping for car insurance online is new to you, you can be overwhelmed by the hoards of car insurance companies all offering big savings in Bettsville.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to find better prices while maintaining coverages. This information will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes. Ohio drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison quotes online.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - A few companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Ohio?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Consumers in Ohio get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all have a common claim of big savings if you move to their company.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don't qualify for the "perfect" profile will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state "customers that switch" not "people who quote" save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you should get as many quotes as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Additional Ohio consumer information
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to find disaster information, find out industry alerts, and view a list of available companies.
In the end, you save
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
We just covered a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Low-cost car insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Bettsville agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.