Tightwads Guide to Saving on Bethel Auto Insurance
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Since consumers have many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the right provider.
Locating affordable coverage in Bethel can be fairly easy. Essentially every driver who is required by state law to have auto insurance will most likely be able to save money. But Ohio drivers do need to know how insurance companies sell insurance online.
More discounts equal less premium
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
- Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Bethel can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Signing - A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in school.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies have a common claim that you'll save big if you switch your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not match this ideal profile must pay more money and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why you should compare many company's rates. It's impossible to know which auto insurance company will have the lowest rates.
Learn more about Ohio auto insurance
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Ohio consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, report car insurance fraud, learn about specific coverages, and file complaints about a company.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Budget-conscious auto insurance is available online in addition to many Bethel insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as .