Consumer Tested Strategies to Save on Austintown Auto Insurance
Tired of trying to scrape together enough money each month for car insurance? You're in the same situation as many other Ohio drivers. Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to find the cheapest car insurance company.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates - Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Women pay lower rates - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Cautious drivers pay less - Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Low deductibles can be expensive - Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Many auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison in Austintown
All major auto insurance companies provide price estimates online. This process is quite simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
The preferred way to find cheaper rates uses one form that gets prices from several different companies. It's a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable. After sending the form, it gets priced and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you will find out if you're overpaying now.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance companies don't always advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you don't get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- One Accident Forgiven - Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Paperless Signup - Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers in Ohio can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim about savings after switching your coverage to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who do not match this ideal profile must pay a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That's why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It's impossible to know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Even more information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to find disaster information, view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about a company.
Best coverage at the best price
Cheaper auto insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Austintown, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don't offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as .