Car Insurance in Ansonia - 8 Discounts You Might be Missing
Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can empty your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it's nearly impossible to choose the best provider.
It's important to price shop coverage on a regular basis since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates a year ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some great ways to slash your car insurance rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Ansonia is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Nevertheless, Ohio consumers do need to know the methods companies use to price online insurance.
Car Insurance Prices in Ansonia, Ohio
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but one way is easier and takes less work. You could spend your day talking about coverages with agents in Ansonia, or you can stay home and use the internet to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and each company can give them a price based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to each individual car insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is that you can't choose which companies you want to price. So if you want to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in Ohio. Click here for list of insurance companies in Ohio.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you have different liability limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in Ansonia. Slightly different coverage limits may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing more company's prices provides better odds of finding the best rates.
Don't pay full price with these eight discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every available discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver - Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, learn about insurance regulations, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Shop smart and save
While you're price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost car insurance can be found both online in addition to many Ansonia insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.