Tightwads Tips for Saving on Aberdeen Auto Insurance
Nobody I know likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
You have multiple to pick from, and although it's nice to have a choice, having more makes it harder to compare rates.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student - Kids in college who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - Certain companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Aberdeen, OH
There are multiple methods to shop for auto insurance, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Aberdeen, or you could save time and use the web to get prices fast.
Most car insurance companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you can't choose the companies to get quotes from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in Ohio. Click to view list.
It's up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverage information for each price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it's not possible to truly determine the lowest rate in Aberdeen. Quoting even small variations in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Ohio?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Ohio?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Affordable insurance is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance can be bought both online and with local Aberdeen insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.