Easy Tips to Pay Less on Springboro Auto Insurance
Comparison shopping for Springboro auto insurance is nearly impossible for people who are new to buying insurance online. People have so many options that it can be a ton of work to find lower rates in Springboro.
It's important to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates a year ago you may be paying too much now. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs in Springboro
Getting better auto insurance pricing is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take the time comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The first (and easiest) way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from multiple companies.It's the quickest way to get rates.
A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online requires you to visit the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let's assume you want rates from , and . To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Springboro, click here.
The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to local Springboro insurance agencies. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the trained guidance of a local Springboro agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent. We'll cover that shortly.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using exactly the same coverage information for each comparison quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate in Springboro.
What determines how much you pay?
It's important that you understand the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- More miles equals more premium - Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
- Optional equipment can affect rates - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Men pay higher rates - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as lawyers, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other occupations like farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive - Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates - Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Better credit means lower rates - Credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Save over 55 - Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Springboro can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Springboro, click here.
Even more information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view a list of available companies, and learn about insurance regulations.
Best coverage at the best price
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Cheap auto insurance can be bought online and with local Springboro insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.