Best 8 Ways You Can Buy Car Insurance for Less in Richfield Ohio
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced car insurance? Believe me, there are many Richfield consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Since consumers have many companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the cheapest provider.
How to Compare Car Insurance in Richfield, Ohio
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
The first (and easiest) way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets you price quotes from multiple companies.
A different way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, let's say you want to compare rates from , and . To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Richfield, click here.
The least recommended method to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to different Richfield agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent and we'll cover that in a bit.
It's up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples quote information with each company. If you compare mixed coverages it will be impossible to make an equal comparison in Richfield. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing more company's prices provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
Take advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- No Charge for an Accident - Some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
More information is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Consumers can read industry bulletins, find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, and find out industry alerts.
Do the work, save more money
Lower-priced car insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Richfield, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.