How to Know You're Throwing Money Away for Auto Insurance in Novato
Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other California drivers.
Numerous battle for your business, so it's not easy to compare every and uncover the absolute lowest rate
It's important to compare prices once or twice a year since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance in Novato
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes and find the best price. The best method to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies.
- A less efficient way to compare rate quotes is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For example, we'll pretend you want rates from , and . To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Novato, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to and from local Novato insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent and we'll touch on that later.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the exact same information for each comparison quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Novato. Slightly different limits may cause a big price difference. It's important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Novato, click here.
More California auto insurance information
More information is available on the website for the California Department of Insurance through this link. California drivers can read consumer alerts, view a list of available companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find disaster information.