Comparison Shop Norton Auto Insurance Prices With These Tricks
Searching for the most affordable Norton auto insurance online can be rather challenging for consumers new to buying insurance on the web. When there are so many companies competing online, how can you effectively compare the different rates to find the lowest price?
It's important to compare prices yearly because prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal a year ago you can probably find a better price now. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates - Your credit rating is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by repairing your credit.
- Drive less and save money - The more you drive in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation - Occupations like doctors, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as pilots, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets - The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Higher deductibles cost less - Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies don't always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
To choose providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Norton, click here.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you move to their company. How do they all make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" will get the preferred rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match the "perfect" profile will be charged higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. This is how insurance companies can make those claims. That is why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
It's not one size fits all
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Learn more about auto insurance in Ohio
Additional detailed information is available at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio consumers can find out industry alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read industry bulletins.
Shop smart and save
While you're price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Norton agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.