Consumer Tested Strategies to Save on Jewett Auto Insurance
Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers. There are many to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates.
Compare Jewett Auto Insurance Costs
Getting better auto insurance pricing is actually quite simple. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. This can be done in several different ways.
The first (and easiest) way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons from all major companies.
A less efficient way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For example, we'll pretend you want rates from , and . To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that's why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Jewett, click here.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you're using identical information on every quote. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison in Jewett.
What determines how much you pay?
It's important that you understand the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Liability insurance protects assets - Liability coverage will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lower miles equals lower premium - Driving more miles every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Getting married can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Don't get talked into coverage you don't need - There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accidental death and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them eliminate them to save money.
- Traffic violations increase rates - Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Do men or women drive better? - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Save big with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you're not getting every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Club Memberships - Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Paperless Signup - A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
More information can be read on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Ohio consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, download brochures, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and get help finding coverage.
Best coverage at the best price
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased online and with local Jewett insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.