Compare Fairfield Auto Insurance Prices With These Methods
Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies in Fairfield? Many other drivers are as well. Consumers have so many options available that it can turn into a ton of work to find the lowest price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Pricing affordable coverage in Fairfield is quite easy. But California vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Companies don't necessarily list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Multi-car Discount - Having more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Student in College - Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Paperless Signup - A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Fairfield, follow this link.
Comprehensive Fairfield Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Comparing auto insurance rates can take hours if you aren't aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a lot of time talking to local insurance agents in Fairfield, or you could save time and use online quotes to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many insurance companies take part in a program that enables customers to submit one quote, and each company returns a rated price. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you don't know exactly which carriers you want pricing from. So if you want to select from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of auto insurance companies in California. Click here for list of insurance companies in California.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be impossible to determine the best price in Fairfield. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Fairfield
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind - Liability insurance provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Don't get talked into coverage you don't need - There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- One company can mean more discounts - Most companies will award you with lower prices to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Never let your coverage lapse - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Auto insurance companies in California provide cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Marriage brings a discount - Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies say the same thing that you'll save big if you switch to them. How can each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don't measure up to the requirements must pay higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save money. That's the way companies can advertise the way they do. This illustrates why drivers must compare many company's rates. It's not possible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Discount auto insurance can be found on the web and with local Fairfield insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Find out more about auto insurance
More detailed California auto insurance information can be found at the California Department of Insurance website. California drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, discover disciplinary actions, and read consumer alerts.