Tightwads Instructions on Saving on El Centro Auto Insurance
Are you tired of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other California drivers.
Lots of contend for your business, so it's not easy to compare every and uncover the absolute lowest rate
Are you getting all your discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperwork-free - A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
How can Progressive, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Auto insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company. How do they all make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will be quoted higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. That's why companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This emphasizes why you should compare as many rates as you can. It's impossible to know the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Learn more today
Additional information is located on the website for the California Department of Insurance located here. California consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, download brochures, read consumer alerts, and find disaster information.
Do the work, save more money
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood El Centro agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.